Thursday, August 10, 2006

Nearly time

its 12pm here in Japan and soon I will be going into Kochi city to watch some of the dancers in the Yosakoi festival then I will return to my inlaws home and change in preparation for my first official dance, I am going to look stupid and be very very hot, its too late to change my costume now (well actually I could just wear shorts and a tshirt as the dance troupe we are with has no designated costume as it is amateur) but because I said I was going to dress as a (kind of)Ninja then I feel I have to fulfill this vow (I am a man of my word), I will probably regret this tomorrow when I have to dance for most of the day, so if you dont hear from me again, I have died from heat exhaustion. Oh before I go a big HELLO to Obachan, a very gracious and wonderful person, your breakfast looked authentic.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that you dance Yosakoi. I have danced once when I was in the uni reluctantly. I was always used to watch dancing from the building where I work.
Kochi is terribly hot around this time. Good luck to your dancing.
Have some beer after that.
Sounds good to me.

bun said...

How do you do? I'm bun living in Aichi.

You will like this blog, I guess: http://www.japundit.com

See ya!

Tony said...

GANBATTE, DEMON SAN!!!!!!

How long are you staying in Japan for? Are you far from Toyama?????

Tony

Ian said...

Siorin,
I love the dancing, it is one of the reasons we chose to visit Japan in August, and it was a real pleasure for me to dance with so many lovely people.

Bun
Hello:)

Tony
How ya doing buddy, I was in Japan for a very short two weeks, sadly back in the UK now, I think Toyama is quite a long way from Kochi probably about 360 miles. Hope life over there is going well for you, good luck in getting your signed footballs:)

Tony said...

Thanks man!! Nice to know your keeping up with me and my "sign ball" stuff. Am waiting on Liverpool FC (crouchy) to get back to me on what they can offer!!

Any pics from your ninja Yosakoi event??