Sunday, October 01, 2006

Japan part 4

After the Yosakoi festival we went white water rafting on the Yoshino river, it was quite an exciting experience, I even discovered what it would feel like to drown, even if only for a few seconds, honestly I nearly panicked, I came off the raft in a very rough part of water and thought that I wasn't going to surface, I had just swallowed a huge mouthful of water when thankfully I popped to the top, thank God for life jackets:) I was rescued by a very tiny Japanese girl how she pulled me into her boat I will never know, it was a great day, next time I would like to try kayaking but preferably on calmer water I am not brave enough to do the extreme stuff:) . I also went to Tosashimizu to watch a fantastic fireworks (hanabe) display and the next day me and several friends went to a beach and I went snorkling for the first time in my life, it took me a while to get used to breathing through my mouth the correct way but it was well worth it, watching the fish was such an amazing thing for me, I was trying to annoy the puffer fish so that they would inflate but didn't manage it;) my friends got sunburnt but sensibly I wore a tshirt so only my arms and my calfs got burnt, stay out of the sun kids...

No comments: