Monday, July 31, 2006

Not Quite A Ninja

As you may have read my wife and I are going to dress as Ninja's for the Yosakoi Festival in August in Japan, after recieving the costumes it quickly became apparent that wearing the full suit would prove to be extremely HOT, so we had to come up with solutions to the problems, which are numerous,
1 the actual costumes are quite thick = we can't do much about this
2 my costume is black which is the worst colour to wear in the sun= cant do anything about this
3 the tight fitting elasticated inner hood/face mask is extremely hot = I can do something about this

Here are my solutions:
1 Modify my costume so that the arms are shorter and I won't wear the gauntlets/hand covers.
2 Nothing
3 Wear a cycling air filter mask with either the outer ninja hood or a fishermans straw hat or alternately wear a black veil

the problem with these solutions is they don't look quite authentic on the Ninja front. So is it a case of boil to death or be a sudo-ninja, well I believe that the answer lies in the fact that Ninja's would probably wear what was necessary to do the job, so uniforms would not be so strict, hence forth I will be a cyber Ninja and damn tradition hahaha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... As long as Sumo-san and you are happy to look like ninja, it should be fine. The audience would be excited to see a foreign ninja!