Monday, July 31, 2006

Sad News

Today I heard some news that made me feel a little empty, my favourite author of all time died last Friday(28th July). His name was David Gemmell and he wrote fantasy novels. In my opinion his work was better(for me) than Tolkien's work, in fact for me he was the best Author I had ever read. I would like to send my condolence's to his family. There is a beautiful comments page about him on the BBC website, some of the comments are very moving and it is fitting that such a wonderful man has a fitting tribute. I once had the pleasure of meeting David and I still treasure the book he signed for me. I always looked forward to the release of his next book and now sadly the expectation has been taken away. Rest in the Hall of Heroes David, you will be greatly missed. If anyone reads this go and get yourself a copy of Legend and witness for yourself how good a writer David was. Quite emotional at the moment, it really feels like I have lost a friend, and I am sure many of his fans feel the same. LOVE HONOUR PEACE AND PRIDE.

No comments: