Monday, July 03, 2006

What the Heck

I love Gamera, in fact probably slighty more than Gigan (only due to the fact Gamera has his own movies), well to say I love Gamera I mean the Heisei period Gamera, you know the mean looking mother of a turtle, so imagine my excitement when I found out they were making a new Gamera movie, then I saw the title and became slightly worried Gamera: Little Braves surely not. The Heisei Gamera was quite a dark series of movies showing what a Keiju should really be like, Gamera was portrayed as a defender to humanity who occasionally had to sacrifice some for the protection of the many, and above all he looked HARD as ROCK. See one mean looking Kaiju (not like Mothra who looks effeminate)
Next we see an image of the Gamera from the new movie

What the hell's going on here thats not a Kaiju, thats a pet turtle, in fact if you look closely Gamera looks more like one of those damned Ninja Turtles as you can see in the evidence below

GAMERATELLO

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH no please don't let this be so, please let there be a real Gamera in the movie, the Heisei period of films won high acclaim both in Japan and abroad due to its darker approach, it was fresh and appealed to a wider audience than was usual for Kaiju films, sadly it looks to me as though Gamera Little Braves is aimed purely for the child market, this is a sad day for me:(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what is that??? Japanese is notorious for their penchant for "Kawaii" things, but they do not have to apply that to anything... I have to ask my brother what is going on there! Horrible!!!