Monday, June 05, 2006

Japanese movies

I know I may be sad but I really want a copy of Godzilla Final Wars, the problem I am having is finding one with English Subtitles. I can probably get one from the USA but other films I have got from there appear to be heavily edited so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can get a copy in Japan but I doubt it will be possible:( .
I did manage to get Gamera 2:Legion Shurai, Gamera 3:Iris Kakusei,Kaze No Tani No Nowshika, Ultraman(2004), Waterboys, Zatoichi, Twilight Samurai, Ame Agaru and Doraheita from Japan with English subtitles but have had no luck with Godzilla films:( . As you can see I quite like Japanese movies, and I find Japanese humour extremely funny, I can't understand the language but luckily for me the humour is very visual, I have Takeshi Kitano's Oretachi HyoKinzoku and kokoriko miracle type series on DVD, they make me laugh out loud..... I love the songs in Oretachi Hyokinzoku especially when Samma Akashiya sings Bimbo Bimbo namida no Bimbo...
The best song is sung by Norio Nishikawa and Bonchi Osamu its a funny version of a song called Azusa Ni Goh. At times I think Japanese humour looks very painful especially for people working with Takeshi Kitano, but it is just too funny, I will have to get some more DVD's on my next visit to the city of Kochi in August:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»