Sunday, June 11, 2006

Strange Conversation

Today I went for a meal with my wife and 2 friends, it was the first time I had been introduced to them and they were a very pleasant couple. During the course of our meal the conversation somehow got around to the film Brokeback Mountain, I said I did not want to watch it as it was not my type of film and my wife said I didn't want to watch it because I was Gay......... How she came to this absurd idea is so bizarre that I cannot fathom it. Now don't get me wrong I have no form of prejudism at all whether it be different religion, colour, race or sexual persuasion, but my wife concluded that I must be homosexual because I didn't want to watch the film. She said I was in denial and thats why I wouldn't watch it.......I had to defend myself but it just seemed to make matters worse, not just for myself but also for the male member of the other couple because his future wife started to say that he was gay also, I tried valiantly to explain I didn't watch the film because I did not like to see love stories and films with kissing in them, even kissing between men and women, women and women, men and men, its something I feel is not important in a film, I don't want to watch tongue action, if I did I would get an ADULT film. I even went on to say that even though I liked Lord Of The Rings it was essentially a gay love story between Sam and Frodo but because you never saw any action of a sexual nature then it was ok to watch....Anyway lovely meal, lovely people, disturbing conversation.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm...then, my husband might be gay also. he does get a sukebe film and enjoy it very much though.

Ian said...

Vez, I had to ask sumo what sukebe films were ........SHOCK......... I would never dare to watch such films (unless I could hide them from Sumo :D) though I think Sumo has watched sukebe films while I am at work the naughty girl:P

Anonymous said...

my husband really appreciates me because many of his relatives, friends and even his parents thought he could be gay as he stayed single for a long time.
That is why his parents are always happy to see me around as it is a solid proof of their son's not being gay!